picture of training inhouse picture of a window picture of a family picture of brent tower

Click here to go back to the Home back

  About | How we are governed | Latest news | Jobs | A-Z services | Tenant and estate | Anti-social behaviour | Home Ownership | Report your repair | Applying for housing | Getting involved | Pay your rent | Housing contacts | Hounslow Council | Access for all | Staff awards | Sheltered Housing | Bogus workmen | Rent a garage |

click here for our Translation pages
Search the Site

Moving Away

If you are thinking of moving out of Hounslow here are some schemes that could help.

HOMES is a mobility scheme in which different social landlords participate nationwide. However, please remember most London boroughs face the same housing shortages as Hounslow so may not be able to assist. You will also need a reason, such as a firm offer of employment, to qualify for a nomination.

Seaside and Country Homes has limited availability of housing for older people who would like to leave London. Nominations are generally accepted but some waiting lists can be quite long.

LAWN provides the opportunity to move far out of London to the Midlands and beyond. Many participating landlords are able to assist quite quickly but please remember if you move a long distance away and find you don’t like it, you may have considerable difficulty in moving back!

Contact your local housing office for registration forms and assistance for the moving away schemes.