picture of training inhouse picture of a window picture of a family picture of brent tower

Click here to go back to the Home back

  About | How we are governed | Latest news | Jobs | A-Z services | Tenant and estate | Anti-social behaviour | Home Ownership | Report your repair | Applying for housing | Getting involved | Pay your rent | Housing contacts | Hounslow Council | Access for all | Hounslow webcast | Staff awards | Sheltered Housing | Bogus workmen | Rent a garage |

click here for our Translation pages
Search the Site

Housing Benefit

If you are having difficulty paying your rent and are not already on housing benefit, you may be entitled to claim.

You can apply for housing benefit by completing a form and handing it into your local housing office or Revenue Services at the Civic Centre. We will give you a receipt as proof that you have handed in the form.

You must complete all relevant sections of the form and provide copies of proofs of household income and savings details. Please try to keep a copy for your own records as this makes it easier to track any problems.

It is your responsibility to inform revenue services if your income or family circumstances change in any way. Your benefit may be adjusted if your earn more money or if you earn less money.

You have to tell Revenue Services as soon as there is a change in your circumstances. If you don't, it may mean that you have been overpaid Benefit and you will have to pay it back.

All local housing offices have full-time housing benefit staff to deal with claims except the Brentford housing office, where a housing benefit officer is available on Monday, Tuesday and Friday (by appointment only), from 8.45am 4.30pm.

You must let Revenue Services know of any change in your circumstances.