picture of training inhouse picture of a window picture of a family picture of brent tower

Click here to go back to the Home back

  About | How we are governed | Latest news | Jobs | A-Z services | Tenant and estate | Anti-social behaviour | Home Ownership | Report your repair | Applying for housing | Getting involved | Pay your rent | Housing contacts | Hounslow Council | Access for all | Hounslow webcast | Staff awards | Sheltered Housing | Bogus workmen | Rent a garage |

click here for our Translation pages
Search the Site

Home Contents Insurance

This scheme underwritten by Norwich Union is only available to tenants in permanent accommodation. The cover is new for old and protects your belongings against fire, flood and theft. The minimum sum insured is £10,000 at a cost of £1.71 per week (£6,000 at a cost of £1.03 for tenants over 60). Policy booklets and application forms are available on request.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I decide how much cover I need?
It is up to you to decide on the level of cover you need. It would be helpful to make a list of the contents of each room and estimate the replacement costs of each item. Total this up and round it up to the nearest £1000. Please be careful not to underestimate as this could affect the settlement of any claims.

How do I pay?
You can pay weekly with your rent.
See Rent Matters

Please be aware that any payments you make will go first to rent, then to other charges, and finally to insurance. So, if you fall behind with your rent, your insurance cover will not be in place.

Does the policy include accidental damage cover?
Yes but only for specified items, such as fixed glass in furniture, ceramic hobs, televisions and videos.

For more information contact:
Financial Administration Section, Hounslow Homes, St Catherine’s House, 2 Hanworth Road, Feltham, Middlesex TW13 5AB
Tel: 020 8583 3792
Fax: 020 8583 4129
Email:   janet.walrond@hounslowhomes.org.uk