Applying For Housing

How do I apply for Housing if I am not already a Council tenant?

You will need to complete a housing application form available the Rehousing Unit at Housing Services based at the Civic Centre. Once completed, you should return it to the Rehousing Unit .

How do I know if I am eligible?

The council has an Allocations Policy which details who is eligible for housing under the Housing Act 1996. Details of who is eligible can be found on page 7 of the policy.

The Allocations Policy explains how applications are assessed and properties alloacted, for homeseekers and tenants who have applied for a transfer.