Leaseholder dispute resolution scheme

This is a service that you can use if you have followed our complaints procedure and are still not satisfied with our decision.

The scheme is an alternative to legal action or the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal and involves using an independant specialist. The independant specialist is appointed by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.

However, before a disagreement between you and us can go for dispute resolution we must both agree to keep to the arbitrators decision.

There is a nominal fee payable by both you and us when an application is made to the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. For more information please contact the Home Ownership Unit

See the Comments and Complaints page on this site for information.

The local Government Ombudsman

This service is independent and is available to those individuals who feel that they have been treated unfairly by a local authority. The Ombudsman will only investigate complaints which have already been considered under the council's own complaints procedure.

The Ombudsman can deal with complaints about the manner in which decisions were made (misadministration) but cannot investigate a matter that is already subject to legal proceedings.

The Ombudsman can be contacted at:

The Local Government Ombudsman

10th Floor, Millbank Tower




If you want to make a complaint to an Ombudsman it must be in writing. We recommend that you look at the leaflet 'Complaint about the council? How to complain to the Local Government Ombudsman'. The leaflet can be obtained from the Ombudsman directly or from your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

All complaints (and praise) are recorded and regularly monitored. We use this customer feedback to help us review and improve the effectiveness of our services and the performance of our staff and contractors. Your views are important to us