It is your responsibility to decorate the inside of your home. If there is nobody at home who can help you and you are an older person or registered physically disabled there is a scheme called Rotadecs (link) that you may be eligible for.

We are responsible for external decoration, however, if you would like to make improvements you must get written permission from us first.

Decoration Allowance

When you move into one of our properties, we will leave bare walls/plaster ready for you to decorate. If we have not been able to decorate the property, we may provide you with a decoration allowance. For more information see the decoration allowance page or contact the Customer Service Centre.